Quote

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

A little about me.

Ahh...to describe one's self. First of all do any of us really understand the Self? But as far as blogging purposes go I'll just describe me as it is expected by the material world. I am a white married woman. I will be 32 in March. I have a strong cultural/ethnic Italian heritage from my mother and a mix of much more from Father. I am not quite middle class... I don't think. Not sure exactly how that is calculated, but definitely grew up working class. My father a bluecollar worker and mother stay at home mom. I am educated... a first generation graduate degree (M.R.C.). I have no living biological children. Two adopted sons from my marriage. The eldest is 20 and the youngest a senior in high school age 17 (do the math on that one). I married at age 25. I have one younger sibling, my wonderful sister. Sometimes it seems like we're twins but ironically we are night and day. My parents divorced when I was 10. My mother remarried. My father never did. He still lives in the same house I grew up in! I live in a small city. Luckily very low cost of living (probably lower than most places in the Nation). Your probably wondering... why the hell is she listing all of this stuff that no one cares about...Well, I feel it is important in relation to my blog. Where I come from and how, means a great deal when you are telling a story, reporting, making statements and voicing opinions. If one item that I mentioned was different, then, everything else about me and my thoughts and perception would be different. That is the beginning of self-awareness. But most importantly we must remember that we are not our story as much as that seems impossible to understand. I rent, which is a sore subject right now. I hate TV but I love movies. I am easy to please and get along with. (Don't ask my husband, kids or extended family about that...) I am spiritual but not religious. (More to come in my blogs, I am sure your just dying to know more about my quirks).

3 comments:

  1. I'll claim the night, dear sister. I find it a tad shocking that you identify as "white." With that coco-licious skin, how does your spirit let you get away with this label?

    I went to the following interactive website to determine your class: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/national/20
    050515_CLASS_GRAPHIC/index_01.html

    There are four factors that determine class: occupation, education, income and wealth. According to my estimates, you have an middle leveled occupation, top fifth level of education, upper middle income and lower middle wealth. I think this averages you out to being middle class. Go to the site to play!

    I'm ready for a good story, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that calculation! I love you sooooo much, you are wonderful! Read on...I'm actually going somewhere with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you are- you are quick as a whip, sharp as a tack! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete